Saturday, September 27, 2014

Weekend bonus: Beagle Silly.

A neighbor who reads the Posse Chronicles came by and said, “I think you're making this all up.”

I asked what he meant. He said, “I'VE never heard your beagles talk, and I've lived in the neighborhood 5 years.”

I said, “OK, I'll prove it for you.” I called the Posse in.

I asked them to sit and said, “Bill doesn't think you talk, so we're going to show him. What covers a tree?”

Together, the Posse said, “Bark.”

Bill looked disgusted. So I said, “And what holds a tree to the ground?”

Tuppence replied, “Root.”

Bill snorted. So I followed with, “What's on top of the house?”

Tommy supplied, “Roof.”

Bill snarled. Nice trick. I'll give you one more try. So I went with a tough one, “Who's the greatest baseball player of all time?”

The Posse spoke up, “Ruth.”

Bill stormed off, snapping, “I knew you were lying and making it up.”

Watching him go, Tommy looked up and asked, “Should we have said DiMaggio?”

No comments:

Post a Comment